United Way Computer Learning Center — January and February Classes (Photoshop Part 1 and InDesign Part 2 are back!)
Nonprofit Connection Computer Learning Center (CLC) Registration Information
Where are classes held?
Classes are held at the main United Way building:
Who can attend CLC classes?
Classes are open to volunteers and staff of 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations.
How much do computer classes cost? Full Day Class Fee:$85 per class Half Day Class Fee: Only applies to classes clearly marked as Half-day $45 per classFocusChoice classesPrice varies per class
How do I register for a computer class?
Click here to view a complete listing of upcoming classes from our quarterly calendar. Select the class you would like to take and choose the date that is best for you. Most classes run from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with an hour break for lunch.
Note: anyone arriving to class after 9:15 a.m. will not be admitted to class and will forfeit the entire registration fee.
You have 3 registration options:
- Register online here.
- Register via email by downloading a registration form here, then email the completed form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You are not officially registered for class until you receive a confirmation email from us. If you do not receive your email confirmation within 24 hours, please contact us to make sure we received your registration. We do not accept registrations over the phone or by mail at this time.
How do I pay for my class?
You may pay in advance or at the door. We encourage you to pay your registration fees as soon as possible. Prepayment significantly expedites the check in process. Class fee(s) must be paid before class begins. If we have not received your payment, you will need to reschedule for class on a later date.
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Cash – Exact change at the door. Please do not mail cash.
- Credit Card
- Personal Check – Made payable to “United Way of Greater Houston – CLC.”
- Agency check – Made payable to “United Way of Greater Houston – CLC.” If your agency is mailing a check payment on your behalf, it must be received and processed prior to class. Please keep in mind processing can take 5-7 business days. If your agency check has not arrived before class begins, you are responsible for the class fee.
Please mail checks to:
United Way of Greater Houston – Nonprofit Connection
PO Box 3247
Houston, TX 77253-3247
There is a $5.00 cancellation fee for any cancelled registration.
If I am unable to attend a computer class that I have registered for, how do I cancel my registration?
If you need to cancel your registration, please notify us at least 48 hours prior to the workshop/event. All cancellations are subject to a $5 cancellation fee. A refund less the $5 cancellation fee can be issued if the 48 hour deadline has been met.
You have two options for cancellation:
- We recommend that you cancel your registration by logging into your Nonprofit Connection online CVENT registrant account and selecting the “Unregister” option under the “My Registration” tab. This is the quickest and easiest way to cancel, and allows your request to be processed and noted right away.
- You may also cancel your registration by emailing us at email@example.com. Please include your name, organization, phone number, the workshop/event title and date.
We do not accept cancellations by phone. Registrants who do not show for a computer class, and have not notified us within 48 hours of the class start time, will forfeit the entire registration fee.
What is the typical class size?
Class size is limited to 15 students to ensure hands on, personalized instruction. The CLC reserves the right to cancel any class with fewer than 4 students.
Do you offer custom classes?
Yes! Just missed the last offering of Excel? Need a class that isn’t on the current schedule or a class just for you and your coworkers?
The CLC offers custom classes to cover all of your training needs. If you’d like to schedule a custom class for your organization, call Robert Chitty at 713-685-2328 for more details.