Paul J. Richards/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
5. That dictum against eating red meat? Never mind, a study says.
An international collaboration of researchers has concluded that if there are health benefits from eating less beef and pork, they are tiny.
Concerns that these foods are linked to heart disease, cancer and other ills are not backed by good scientific evidence, according to the research, published in the Annals of Internal Medicine.
The turnaround is being met with fierce criticism by the American Heart Association, the American Cancer Society, the Harvard School of Public Health and other groups. It also raises questions about dietary advice and nutritional research in general.
More Headlines from the evening tea ☕️ 👀:
1. Another troubling phone call emerged.
2. The impeachment inquiry is moving fast.
3. A China remade in Xi Jinping’s image commemorates its 70th anniversary.
4. A mission lifted out of a Hollywood thriller.
6. California takes on the N.C.A.A.
7. WeWork shelved its I.P.O.
8. Two new books on Adolf Hitler
9. Kanye West’s newest album has no cursing.
10. And finally, Cuba — by ear.